On the show this week, I get to share with you one of my awesome speakers, Kate Fitzsimons. She is a youth motivational speaker from Australia – and speaks with teens all over her country about resilience…
But then she got the opportunity of a lifetime: the next “bigger” stage, as I like to put it…
- and she realized she wanted a little extra help. Didn’t want to leave anything on the table
- Didn’t want to get to that moment and feel like she *should have, could have, done more…
When you have a ‘high-stakes’ opportunity – that’s often the point where we say… I need some help. I want to make sure I nail this. I want to feel like I’ve done what I can, I don’t want to leave anything to chance. So she hired me to help her develop her American talk.
And Kate is one of my most hard-working speakers…gives 110% in everything she does, and it shows. I’m so excited for you to hear about the process of creating her new signature talk…
I thought it would be awesome to also talk with Kate about how she’s taken her talk virtual over the last few months – and what she’s learned along the way. Some good stuff in here, my friends.
Here’s the deal – This whole thing is a learning process.
- Creating a talk
- Giving it in each new context – virtual, keynote, TED-type talk, podcast convo
The learning isn’t always easy – but if you really show up – and give it you all – and pay attention to the learnings – we get better. Kind of like life.
As Kate and I share in this delightful conversation…becoming a better speaker truly is the process of becoming a better human.
Hope you enjoy.
Here she is –
Live every week in Crowdcast: https://www.crowdcast.io/sallyz
TED Talk Jump Start Kit: https://this-moved-me.lpages.co/ted-talk-jump-start-kit-landing-page/
#BeSupported over in Instagram https://www.instagram.com/SallyZimney/
You don’t have to know it all now, you can figure it out one step at a time.
- 3-minute video training with the 1 essential thing you need to know before you create your signature talk
- A PDF workbook with some prompts to help you find your stories, pillar ideas, and themes that will point you towards your topic
- A Pop-Up group in Movers-U that is solely focused on helping you find your topic! This is FREE and a limited-time group and it’s going to be awesome. Weekly LIVE Q&A’s with me, resources to help support you – and a Mastermind interview from a TED Talk guru with some awesome AHA’s that will be key in your process.